The Visual Resources Association Foundation (VRAF) is pleased to announce that it is accepting host applications for the VRAF Regional Workshop Program for 2018-2019. Thanks to the generous support from the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, this program will allow the VRAF to continue to realize its mission to promote scholarship, research, education, and outreach in the fields of visual resources and image management. To learn more about what it means to host a VRAF Regional Workshop, click here.
For the 2018-19 program, applications will be accepted to host one of the following workshops:
- Can We Do That?: Intellectual Property Rights and Visual Media
- Collaborating across the Institution: Creating Professional Partnerships to Support Cultural Heritage
- Documenting Cultural Heritage: Strategies and Spaces for Digital Capture
- Exhibit, Instruct, Promote: An Introduction to Omeka for Digital Scholarship
- Learning to Look and Looking to Learn: A Workshop on Visual Literacy
- Managing Digital Content
- Metadata and Management of Cultural Heritage Digital Media: From Fundamental to Future Trends
- Moving Images: The Basics and Beyond
- The International Image Interoperability Framework: What is it, and how can I use it?
- Python for Beginners
- Something Mappy This Way Comes: An Introduction to Digital Mapping Technologies
To view the current workshop roster with descriptions, click here. We will also consider applications in which the host site proposes its own workshop topic. Please review the description of the VRAF Regional Workshop Program as well as the VRAF Mission Statement prior to confirm that your proposed workshop fits within both the program’s parameters and the larger goals of the VRAF.
To apply, please fill out the VRAF Regional Workshop host site application form, https://goo.gl/forms/c5mde9lkuP6B53B33. If you have additional questions about the program, please contact VRAF Director Beth Haas, email@example.com. The deadline for application is August 24, 2018.